For the online workshop we are using two different tools:
1. SCOOCS – An online platform through which all presentations will be accessed by the online attendees and on which you will also be able to network.
2. Zoom – A tool for webinars and meetings, used for your presentation and Q&A. The Zoom webinar will be streamed and will be visible on a screen for on-site participants as well.
For your presentation you only need Zoom. As an online presenter you will receive a personal Zoom invitation in the week before the workshop starts which you can add to your calendar. The invitation link will bring you to your scheduled webinar session. All webinars start 15 minutes prior the actual session start.
In case you have not received the invitation by May 24 please contact us via e-mail.
Before the webinar, please make sure to meet the following technical requirements:
- We highly recommend using Chrome or Firefox as your browser, as other browsers may not work properly.
- Make sure that your WiFi signal is sufficiently strong; or even better, connect your computer to the network by cable.
- For good audio quality, consider using a headset or an external microphone.
- Close all tabs and programs you will not need during the presentations.
- Please open your PowerPoint presentation beforehand so you are ready to share your screen and hold the presentation when called upon.
The general procedure is as follows:
- Please login to the webinar 15 minutes prior to your session to check audio, camera and screen sharing. The technology host will answer last questions concerning the procedure.
- You are asked to hold your presentation live. Please have your .ppt presentation handy and share it via screen sharing during your talk.
In exceptional cases, e.g. due to large time difference, a video of your talk may be uploaded beforehand. The video will be shown during the session. Please let us know in advance if you want to upload a video.
- Please stay in the Zoom webinar during the whole session. You will be able to follow the whole workshop session here.
- After your presentation, there are 5 minutes for Q&A. Online attendees will post their questions into the chat, and attendees in Freiburg can ask questions on-site. The session chairs will be the link between the attendees online and those who are on-site. He/she will collect and sort the questions and delegate them to you / the respective speaker.
We are offering online briefings on Tuesday 24 May at 10:00 and 16:00 (CEST) for those speakers who are attending online. There will be explained how to share the screen in Zoom and you can practice this with us as well as check the sound and camera. All presenters will receive an invitation for the briefing in time.